Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Prop 8 PASSED!

Despite the persecution and much hatred Prop 8 supporters have faced all throughout California, Proposition 8 passed!!!!!! Tim and I were so happy when we woke up this morning to see that all of our efforts have payed off. Knocking on doors, phone calls, donations, bumper stickers, yard signs, waving signs, putting up door hangers, and even more phone calls last night. So worth it. I know this won't be the end of this issue, but for now, Prop 8 passed!!!!
Here are a few pictures of a rally we attended near Laguna on PCH about a week ago. We were part of a line of Prop 8 supporters that stretched the entire length of Orange County (Seal Beach to San Clemente). Our intersection alone had about 100 supporters. It was soo fun and it felt great to be a part of it.









10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yes Tanya! I'm so happy it passed. It would not have passed without all the volunteers, it was so close!

Kayleen, Isaac, & Dylan said...

What a great thing to be a part of! I didn't know it passed until I looked at your blog. That's wonderful!

Aubrey said...

I am so happy for you and California for that matter!

Tyler, Kathy & Charlie said...

What a happy day! I'm just trying to enjoy it while it lasts! I've already heard rumor that they are going to try and challenge it. What a joke. Anyway, happy day!

Clint and Mari Cluff said...

Yea! prop 102 passed in arizona. When I was watching the new last night they kept saying that prop 8 was to close to call. I am glad to hear it passed!!

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

That is so awesome to see what people can accomplish when you put your mind to it! You guys and everyone for that matter that helped helped volunteer is inspiring! Way to go!! Also--- I love Marissa's cute Halloween costume!

Brock said...

Thank you for volunteering!!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Wow, it looks like all your hard work and perseverance paid off. I am so happy that it passed.

Janna said...

That is so cool you guys got to be a part of that. We are glad it passed too.

Jenny Turk said...

I think you guys are so brave for doing all of this, and it is because of you that it passed. We were so worried it wouldn't pass and wondered what it would mean for other states eventually. It is such a touchy subject and you guys are so brave for standing up in what you believe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...