Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015!

We made it to midnight!
I wasn't planning on letting the girls stay up until midnight this year. Mainly because I didn't think they would make it. Heck, I wasn't even sure I was going to make it. Thankfully Tim being the more fun parent went to the grocery store and came back stocked up with soda and candy and snacks, all things we never have in the house, to have a mini party just us and the girls! The girls were really pumped. And there went my goal to try to lose my last 10 pounds of baby weight.

We played Headbandz, Deer in the Headlights, and watched The Parent Trap up until midnight. We laughed a lot and got plenty silly. Natalie struggled to stay awake during the movie and both girls a couple times asked, "How much longer until midnight?" But they were determined and made it!

As soon as we counted down to 10 and yelled, "Happy New Year!" Natalie didn't skip a beat and asked, "Dad, can you carry me upstairs?" hahaha!

I certainly had fun spending quality time with my girls again without the littles absorbing every moment from me. And they were beaming with excitement on all the extra attention they were getting from Mom and Dad. Or maybe it was the sugar rush that had them beaming...??? Anyways, I hope to have many more New Years like this one with my sweet family. Happy New Year to you all!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...