Tuesday, July 10, 2012

a first

I guess there is a first for everything.
Earlier yesterday as I was sitting on the porch watching the girls jump on the trampoline I was thinking to myself that I really hope we don't have any injuries that require hospitalization while we are in the U.S. We obviously have travel insurance, but I just didn't want to complicate my life with insurance issues overseas and with my hubby back in London already, etc. etc.

Not even an hour later as I was giving the girls a bath, it happens. Marisa slips in the tub and hits her chin causing yes, the very thing I was trying to avoid, an open gash which needed stitches.


I felt like the worst. mother. in the world. I know, I know, it wasn't my fault. It wasn't even her fault. Accidents happen. But I just kept thinking to myself, "Her face! Her beautiful little face is going to be scarred!"

Poor little thing was such a trooper during a 2 hour wait in urgent care, plus the pain of a needle, getting 4 stitches, waiting for her medication at the pharmacy and finally going to bed close to midnight. Not how I envisioned our Monday night.


Marisa was scared and cried a lot during the numbing because of the big needle, but she honestly was so brave and I'm so proud of her. Luckily the scar will be right under her chin and most likely not going to be noticeable. I'm sorry baby girl. I love you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...