Saturday, July 28, 2012

Steamboat Springs

3 out of 4 of Tim's sisters have semi recently all moved to Colorado. Because of that, last year my in-laws stayed a week with the whole family at Steamboat Springs for the first time in addition to the week of the beach house. We were really sad again to miss this trip too last summer. Luckily, they decided to do it again this year which is another reason why I stayed behind with the girls.

From LA to Denver we go!

Another plane ride for us, and a few hours in the car to our destination. (I wonder how many flights my kids have already been on in their short little lifetime. I'd be curious on the insane amount!) Our villas in Steamboat had a small rocky waterfall which occupied all the grandkids first thing and every night after that. Kids can throw rocks for hours. Chess was another game that entertained the grandkids in the hotel game room. Who knew? Marisa learned from her cousin Weston how to play while in the car and now she is hooked.




I know I exaggerate and joke a lot about me hating nature, but it was really beautiful scenery around us. Green mountains, vast plains, and full rainbows graced my eyes everyday. I like nature from a far.


Although animals are a different story. Natalie didn't fancy the horses either as she said to me, "Those horses are really stinky."


One of the days we went into town to walk around the small, yet cute, little streets of Steamboat. Very American, Wild West town.



Marisa could not contain herself when we walked into F.M. Light & Sons, the famous store in Steamboat Springs. At least 30 signs from Denver to Steamboat suggest drivers to come visit. So we gotta right!? Marisa did not hesitate to try on pink boots, a pink horse, a pink gun, and a pink hat. I couldn't stop her! We just kept laughing and I took this picture of her all properly decked out.


Made in the U.S.A.






Alpine sliding was definitely on the agenda for us. The girls have never been on one and I couldn't wait to see and hear their reactions. Of course, Marisa was a little nervous and scared and Natalie was all smiles. But once we got going, Marisa, who was with me, was squealing with delight the entire time! We went fast the whole way. Natalie went full speed with Grandma next to us. It was so fun the girls wanted to go again. So we did!





Another day we spent most of the day at Steamboat Lake State Park. Sun, water, sand/dirt, toys...what us Harts do best! What's nice about having so many cousins is that there is more than one cousin your age. Here is the almost, or just barely, 3 year old group.


And even though you have cousins your age, they all play well together. The girls love their oldest cousin Haylie and Haylie is so awesome with them. Such a sweet young lady. I want my girls to grow up to be like her. Marisa sure cried when it came time to say good-bye to her. We sure miss living next to her and her family back in OC.


This picture cracks me up. Almost a minute after taking this picture she yells out, "MOM! CAN I HAVE A BAG OF CHEETOS?" hahaha She wanted to eat cheetos while she lazily relaxed, floating on the raft. "SURE THING, SWEETHEART!"





Hiking is not in my blood, but it is on my husband's side. I gladly stayed behind with my MIL and 7 of the youngest grandkids while the rest of the group hiked one morning. We met up with them a few hours later at the top via gondola ride. My kinda hiking.



I thought this picture was funny. It sums up our growing family and family vacations together.
Grandpa with how many grandkids in a hot tub?? There is your ambiance, Grandpa!


During our 2nd week in Denver we spent it hopping from one sister-in-law's house to another. Thanks Kari, Carin, and Janna for letting us crash at your homes and showing us around CO. The girls and I loved it!


{Wayne, Elaine, Matt, Kari, Haylie, Cade, Weston, Tanner, Ryder, Trent, Carin, Abby, Brynn, Leah, Shea, Lilly, Luke, Janna, Stone, Rusty, Van, Sawyer, Tanya, Marisa, and Natalie. (Missing: Tim, Mike, and Sara) And there are two more babies on the way!}

1 comment:

Kari said...

Harts Rock! It was so fun seeing you all summer! So very sad it's all over. Love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...