Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving week

Well this has been a busy week!!

Thanksgiving wouldn't be Thanksgiving in Southern California without some beach time, duh! It is extremely rare as parents of young children to go to the beach and have down time. But this time around I can't even tell you how long of a stretch we had just laying out under the umbrella with zero interruptions. Not even a peep from the babe. Just the sounds of our happy children under amazing clear blue skies.



(And these birds are real. They flew in the shot just in time!)


^^Cara is wearing Marisa's first ever swimsuit. I can't resist drooling how dang cute she looks in that teeny tiny swimsuit!^^









I hosted Thanksgiving this year at my house. My sister-in-law just had her baby so my mother-in-law was gone. I got to have both my siblings and my new sister-in-law, Abby, my father-in-law, and Adam a friend of ours. I spent 24 hours cooking for my guests.  All from scratch baby! I made all of my favorites: Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, fresh green beans with bacon and shallots, raspberry and pumpkin pie! I am incredibly proud of myself.


As per tradition, we head over to Huntington Beach for breakfast at Ruby's on the pier the day after Thanksgiving. And the one and only time Tim goes shopping is on Black Friday at HSS.



To end our week I finally took Cara to get her ears pierced. I have been wanting to do it since she turned 3 months but I, A) Have not really had time, and B) Kinda sad that she wasn't going to look like a baby anymore! Now her ears match her sparkly eyes. ;)





Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...