Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm a big girl now!

The day Leslie arrived Marisa turned 7 months old. I didn't have time to blog about an update on Marisa's milestones because of Leslie visiting and the holidays, but I have time now.

So...where do I even begin. Well, Marisa is turning into a big girl now! She is learning and growing faster than ever. I know I always say that, but Tim and I just love watching her take in the world around her. It is amazing to watch.

I decided to list all the things she is doing now:
-The newest milestone for Marisa is that she claps! While Leslie and I were playing with her one day, we started clapping and saying "Yeaaaayyy!" She just smiled right back at us and started clapping too! Now if we say "Yeaaay" without clapping, she automatically knows what to do and she also claps whenever she wants to. Marisa clapped all by herself after Tim sang a little song to her. haha So cute!
-She also shakes her head like she is saying "no". I think she learned it from me constantly telling her "no" when she is touching or playing with things she is not suppossed to.
-Marisa is still very much a Daddy's girl. I love seeing her get so excited when Tim comes home from work. She gets so excited that she refuses to go to bed because she wants to be with her daddy. Also, in the mornings, she is attached to Tim. One of her favorite things to do is to have Tim hold her as she watches him brush his teeth! haha She loves it!
-Marisa is a social butterfly. This girl loves noise, commotion, action, and is happy being around people. She talks sooo much and she loves making herself laugh. Too cute! Marisa always has something to say and we love hearing her babble away in the back of the car.
-Marisa surprised us all by being a very early crawler and even the doctor said that by 9 months she will probably be walking. And the scary thing is, we are already seeing this come to pass. For example, while I was packing our stuff to spend the night over my in-laws for Thanksgiving, Marisa, Miss Curiousity herself, was very intrigued by the bottle of contact solution I put in the suitcase. So she crawled over and tried to pull herself up so she can try to see the bottle in the suitcase. (Marisa has been trying to pull herself up a lot the past few weeks but never really has successfully done so). To my amazement, Marisa pulls herself to her knees...and then onto her feet! So now, she is standing on her feet, slouching over the suitcase trying to reach for the bottle of contact solution. Tim, Leslie, and I were so excited for her and we videotaped her doing it once more. I decided to continue packing while Marisa had fun with her new skill she just learned. Next thing I know, I look back and Marisa is head first into the suitcase, her feet stretched up high into the air. haha It was so funny!
-Lastly, with this new skill of hers, Marisa decided to take it to the next level yesterday. When Tim left for work, Leslie called me wanting me to do something for her on the computer right then and there. So I put Marisa in her crib so I could do the task, plus, it was her nap time anyway. While I was on the computer, I could hear Marisa talking away and every once in awhile she would whine for a second because she wanted me to get her out. But for the most part, she was just happy. I then had to go to the bathroom really bad and I thought to myself, "If I go to the bathroom, Marisa will see me walk past her room and she will really start crying because she wants me to get her out of her crib." And I didn't want that because I really need to finish this thing for Leslie. So my plan was to walk really fast past her room. As I was speed walking past Marisa's room I saw something that I would have never imagined in my most wildest dreams!!

SHE WAS STANDING UP IN HER CRIB!

Marisa was happily babbling away with one hand on the rail and the other hand high in the air waving to me! I freaked out of course. I quickly ran to her and grabbed her. But I then just started laughing because I was NOT expecting to see that at all.

I was expecting to see this.


But instead, I saw this!


She did it again after her afternoon nap so I was able to snap some pictures. That night though we definetly lowered her crib and I must say that I was a little sad because it felt like she was no longer a baby. Marisa is a big girl now!

1 comment:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

I love her crib, it is so cute. She is getting so big. Time flies by. I love the picture of Matt, that is hilarious. Well I hope you guys have a Very Merry Christmas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...