Friday, October 10, 2008

First Ear Infection and Sore Throat

It has finally happened. Marisa got her first ear infection and sore throat. For several days Marisa had been extremely clingy and whiny, but I just ignored it because I thought she was just being difficult due to her cold. But a couple of days ago I couldn't take it anymore. She was acting so miserable and just hard to handle and so I made an appointment to go to the doctor's office. It wasn't until I was dialing the number that it finally clicked in my head that she could have an ear infection.
And well, according to the nurse it was a pretty bad ear infection. And apparently Marisa has a high pain tolerance because when the nurse asked me if she woke up often at night and I replied "not really only once", she was really shocked. She then told me pain tolerance was genetic and let me tell ya, it is not from me, that's for sure! I feel bad that I didn't bring her in sooner but instead just let her suffer for several days. But I never experienced an ear infection with my child before. I guess that is what happens when you are the oldest, guinea pig child. Sorry Marisa, I love you! I'm glad you are feeling better!

My sick baby fell asleep on the couch while watching her favorite tv show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

1 comment:

L said...

Oh, the poor little thing! Being sick is no fun - I'm so glad she's feeling better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...