Friday, October 3, 2008

No more wisdom

Exactly one week ago I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed. I was beyond scared before surgery because I was afraid of "going under". I mean, you get anesthesia through an IV and in two seconds you fall asleep with no recollection of what is about to happen!? That is just scary!
And for me I didn't remember the surgery plus several hours after it. I didn't really wake up or became aware of my surroundings until I woke up on my couch with my mouth in immense pain, gauzes full of blood, and a massive headache. I really didn't remember anything! And apparently after the surgery the doctor told me about my medicine and other important information, he also put my seat belt on for me when I was in the car, I even reached behind Kari's seat to grab my cell phone because it was ringing (even though I didn't know what to do with it once I had it in my hand...haha), and I even sprawled my body on the floor once I got into my living room. haha And I don't remember any of that!!
All I remember is my doctor saying, "Ok you are going to start feeling fuzzy." And then...black. And then I remember being in the car and Kari on the phone with Tim saying, "Yeah, she seems kinda out of it." And then I remember Kari helping me at the top of my stairs and me saying, "I think I'm going to throw up." And that is absolute it. That is about 4 seconds of several hours. And then I woke up on my couch, called Tim, and began to cry because I couldn't talk, he couldn't understand me at all, and I was so confused. haha

The next day after surgery! I couldn't even smile.

Well, I survived a week and I am amazed how much progress I have made since day one. I didn't think I would ever eat again or look normal again.
But a huge thanks to Kari for driving me, waiting on me, watching Marisa all day for me, giving me my meds(haha), and just being a huge support and help. And a special thanks to Tim for taking over everything in the house all weekend, feeding me jello, letting my sleep, and basically being my maid. You are an amazing husband and thanks for taking care of me. I love you guys!

Still a little swollen one week later!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Cute! Haha, I know not the word you'd use to describe it. Just think, people get that drunk all the time... by choice =) Odd, I know!

H and E said...

Getting your wisdom teeth out is the worst, you must have had all impacted ones like me because I looked like that and was pretty miserable, hopefully you start to feel better!

Unknown said...

aww... you poor thing! That picture with your cheek all swallen is crazy! Feel better soon :)

Stephanie said...

At least it's over with! I got mine out spring break of my senior year. Fun way to spend spring break. Your story was funny. You're looking better in the second picture for sure! I don't think I would even recognize you in the first. I liked your survey too! Sometimes I wish I had a really good excuse to lay on the couch all day and have people wait on me.

L said...

Bless your heart... that is so painful! But, never again!!! Yay!!!

Cute glasses in the first picture, and just super cute all-around in the second! :)

Tara said...

Glad you are starting to feel better now! I have had mine out too and it's no fun at all! Let us know if you need anything!

Parkinson Family said...

whoa, i am totally scared too, i have postponed it for so long, but i soon will have to take them out, thanks for posting before and afters! they;re great!

Ashley said...

I hope you're feeling much better!!! haha... I have to tell you- lucky you don't remember- I woke up during the procedure and told them to be careful not to get blood on my shirt- Dr Pearson freaked and was calling for more drugs LOL. He actually asked me if I had a drinking or drug problem prior to deciding to serve a mission.... LOL! Overall it was a great time- and for the person who's putting it off... what happened to me- weird fluke- this stuff happens to me all the time! I was amazed by the one day difference as well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...