Monday, June 14, 2010

Seperation anxiety

I feel totally awful that Georgie is lost. I mean, I couldn't sleep one night because of it. Honestly. I keep thinking about the darn monkey 24/7 since the day we realized he was gone, GONE.
I actually got teary-eyed when Marisa and I went back to the store where we could have lost him to look for him and left empty handed.
Georgie has been a part of our lives since Marisa was around 8 months old. Those of you who have followed my blog know very well who Georgie is. He has been there for Marisa through literally everything. And to lose him just like that! HEARTBREAKING.
I've been debating whether I should get a replacement, because let's face it, nothing can replace the real Georgie. He won't have the same saggy pjs, loose strings, loss of stuffing, chipped eye, loose hand, and permanent indention from Marisa holding him a certain way. The way she has held him from day one. The way she holds him at night.

Marisa can't sleep at night either. She asks me everyday, "But who would have taked him?" And last night she came up to Tim and I and with crocodile tears and a whimpery voice she says, "I want Georgie."

On top of that, when I tuck her in bed, give her kisses, and stare at my beautiful little girl, something is missing. When I check on her before I go to bed and see her fast asleep, the whole picture just looks wrong! Like something is missing. She doesn't have Georgie right by her face. I know, I have issues.

I have called around the stores we were at the day we lost him, I have gone to each store personally, and I have turned this house upside down. One night Marisa and I prayed to find Georgie and the next morning she told Tim at the breakfast table, "Jesus will help us find Georgie."
Oh, stab. Right in the heart.

I caved in though and ordered the same exact Georgie on Amazon yesterday. I'm pretty lucky that it is still available. I'm still not all the way ok with having a look alike, but, oh well, right? The package arrives Thursday so we will see what M says about him when he arrives.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Aww that is heart breaking!!!!! Poor Marisa! Hope she adjusts to the new doll, and if not... perhaps you should introduce diamonds-- I hear they are a girls best friend!!!

tothe4thfloor said...

hahahaha! Got it. Diamonds, check.

Jennifer said...

Awww, poor Marisa! And poor George! I can't wait to hear what she thinks of the new George.

Good luck mama!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...