Friday, July 2, 2010

Girls Camp - Aspire Higher

I was totally bummed last year that I couldn't go to Girls Camp as a leader for the first time. I was 8 months pregnant though so I guess that was a good excuse. ;) But I made sure that if I was still around the next year that I was going. And I was and I did!






It was only a three hour drive to Camp Alegre in Santa Barbara. These were a few of the girls in my car on the way up. On the way back they were all fast asleep. haha




Girls Camp was a blast, but I'm not going to lie; it was SO tiring. Let me just give all my YW leaders growing up a HUGE shout out right now! THANK YOU! Thank you, thank you, thank you for EVERYTHING! haha I had no idea the sacrifice and work that went into Girls Camp. Plus, the late nights, little sleep, and MAJOR hike. haha I sure loved every minute of it though and would happily do it again.








We did the usual crafts, canoeing, swimming, singing, eating, gaming, scripture reading, and testimony bearing. Our ward was given the value Knowledge which is the color green. Like our bright green shirts, backpacks, waterbottles, and hairbows?? We went all out. :) Plus, one of our very talented young women drew and colored Captain Moroni on the sidewalk. Amazing.
So, we went on a brutal 9 mile hike which started at 5:30 in the morning. And I know that you guys who know me well are laughing at me right now for THREE reasons. One, I'm not a camper. Two, I hate hiking. Three, I love my sleep. But I did it! Shocker, I know. It was by far not an easy hike, even for the fittest, but it was fun getting to know the girls while walking for hours, literally, and the view on top was spectacular.




Yes, that was our view on the way up. Isn't that amazing? Even though I hate hiking, once I saw this it was all worth it to me.
"Aspire Higher - I can do hard things" was our theme for camp this year and I must say that I felt pretty darn good about myself when I completed the hike. And I sincerely hope the girls felt accomplished and a sense of pride and power that they can do hard things no matter how big or small the challenge. I'm so proud of them all. Everyone made it up and down!




I heart these girls. A lot. And I hope they left spiritually uplifted like I did. Love you girls!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...