Monday, August 26, 2013

Sequoia National Park

Trying to keep our adventures alive, yet keeping it a little low maintenance due to our move, the extra expenses that accompany the move, dragging around an 8 month old baby, etc., we settled on our family trip this year to the Sequoia National Park! Nothing fancy, nothing too exotic, but it was a fun mini trip nevertheless. Gotta break in our minivan some how, right?


We went through a lot of Disney movies in the car and a lot of lollipops to survive this road-trip  Even Darren kept going through those suckers. (Can you tell he is the 3rd child?) But no one got car sick which I believe is a record for us. And the kiddos did great! Success!

I'm not a nature person at all. I know that isn't a news flash to you all or anything, but being in the crisp mountain air this past weekend was really refreshing I must admit. It smelled great up there. It kinda smelled like Christmas too which got me excited for the upcoming holidays.




My boys in front of the "Sentinel" tree.


The girls loved finding a walking stick each and were fascinated when we told them we were going to see the "General Sherman Tree", the biggest living thing in the world!






Here we are standing in front of a tree that was hollowed by fire.




We survived our nature filled trip. The girls climbed rocks and trailed through dirt. We even hiked a little. And the words, "I hate nature" never left my lips! Another success!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...