Friday, February 1, 2008

Fun Firsts

This past week has been filled with several firsts for our little Marisa. Well, Marisa has grown out of her baby bathtub. Literally. She tries to stand in it and climb out of it. So, she has graduated to a normal bathtub! She LOVES it! She definetly enjoys the extra space and moves all over the place, splashes, and throws her toys around.

Also, Marisa used a toothbrush for the first time tonight! After taking a bath, getting dressed, and brushing her hair, we brushed her teeth. Her doctor suggested to use a wet toothbrush on her teeth so that she can get used to the idea of brushing her teeth. I bought her a really cute little pink toothbrush earlier today that is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen. Anyways, she watched me get her toothbrush wet and she let me gently brush her two teeth. (Soon to be 6!) She LOVES it! I let her give it a try and it was the most darling thing to see. She put the toothbrush in her mouth and moved her arm up and down to imitate how I brushed her teeth! hahahaha SOOO PRECIOUS!
Right after that, she took the toothbrush and started brushing her hair! haha She knows how to use her comb to brush her hair, so I guess she got a little confused for a moment.

Marisa has had a hard time taking her sippie cup. She doesn't realize she has to suck on the spout. She will let me pour water in her mouth using the sippie cup but that is about it. So while I was at the store buying her toothbrush, I found a sippie cup where the spout is made out of silicone just like the nipple part of her bottle. I figured this would allow her to realize because of the soft, silicone spout, that she needs to suck. The only difference is that it is shaped like a spout inside of a nipple. She realized in a few seconds what to do and she now uses a sippie cup! Good job Marisa!



2 comments:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

I love your posts, they are so fun to read. My all time favorite picture is Marisa in the bath tub, so adorable.

Martins said...

Marisa is such a pretty baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...