Sunday, October 16, 2011

obsessions

Natalie has recently become obsessed with Marisa's "Jasmine jammies" lately. It has gotten to the point that she franticly cries when getting dressed in the morning or has to take a shower at night because she has to take it off. The worst, I think, is when I tell her we have to wash her pajamas. You will not believe the shear loudness of her crying and drama productions on the floor when this happens.

Today I forced these cute pink glow-in-the-dark Halloween pajamas on her as we waited for her "Jasmine" to be washed. She was so eager that during snack time she opened the door and sat down to watch while eating her apple.


I don't recall ever having obsessions as a child like my children do, but I sure have plenty as an adult.

First, not only is it my new favourite British cookbook, but also my new favourite cookbook of all time. Yes, Jamie Oliver.


I could go on and on about him, his revolution (which I'm a part of), and his cookbook. But to sum it up: 30 minutes, complete meals (meaning main dish, side, AND dessert), all completely healthy and fresh, totally do-able, makes my house smell divine and makes me feel like a fancy cook, and no fancy ingredients you will only use once and never again like other cookbooks I have tried. I need to find an American version of this cookbook when I move back to the U.S. LOVE.

London is known for their amazing Indian food. I haven't had any yet because I'm waiting for a few more recommendations before I pick a restaurant to try it, but I did make my first Indian dish, thanks to Jamie. It was seriously, delish.


I'm sure I made my neighbours jealous and when my American friend, Shauna, across the street (remember I met her on the bus), brought her boys over to pick up her daughter from a playdate at my house, one of the boys exclaimed, "Can I pay you to eat here? It smells good!"


Second obsession, pinterest.


This is my 'home inspiration' board. I pin things I like and I can forever have them. No more folder files on my computer, no more bookmarks on my computer. All properly saved with its source on my boards. You should try it if you haven't already. Obsessed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Natalie sounds like Kari with her favorite pink overalls as a two year old. It also sounds like Carin and her clothes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...