Friday, May 13, 2011

A Child's Prayer

Both girls said their prayers today by themselves without me asking them to do so.

It started at dinner after I said a blessing on the food, Natalie chimed in after me and said,

"Heavenly Fathers,
thank you,
dinner,
fork."


Then, before bed, Marisa finally had the courage to do it herself and with much confidence shouted, "My turn to say the prayer!" and without a pause just started praying. (And yes, I believe this was very much instigated by seeing my reaction to Natalie's prayer earlier in the day.)

"Dear Heavenly Father,
thank you for this day,
thank you for ponies,
thank you for flowers
thank you for rainbows,
thank you for pink cars, purple cars, red cars,
thank you for mermaids.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."


Then of course, Natalie had to follow suite.

"Heavenly Fathers,
Pink cars,
Alice,
Georgie,
Minnie,
Binkie,
Mommy,
Isa (Marisa),
Daddy,
Daladee (Natalie),
Daddy,
Isa,
Daladee."


So sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...