Tuesday, November 22, 2011

hokey cokey??

Today Natalie and I had "Rhyme Time" at the library. It is basically 30 minutes of singing nursery rhymes. I have gathered that nursery rhymes are huge here. I mean, after all the nursery rhymes we all grew up learning most likely started on this side of the world. I have learned SO many new ones which has been really fun and can't wait to share with my American moms, but there is one song that drives me crazy.
It is "The Hokey Cokey". Better known to us Americans as "The Hokey Pokey".

I'll never forget the first time we sang the Hokey Cokey at a playgroup. My first thought was whhhaaat? The Hokey Cokey?? But, the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about!

Here are the lyrics.... (You must sing in British accent)

You put your left arm in,
Left arm out,
In, Out, In, Out,
Then shake it all about,
You do the hokey cokey and you turn around
That's what it's all about.

Oooohhhhh, hokey cokey cokey (x3)
Knees bend, arms stretch, Ra! Ra! Ra!
 
At the chorus part everyone holds hands in a circle and rushes into the middle and out again.
 
It is SOOO annoying. The chorus part is so annoying I should say. Listen and watch this youtube video I found.



I don't know what it is. Call me Mrs. Grump but it rubs me the wrong way! hahaha

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...